June 22, 2012

Playroom Update

We have this great space in our basement.  The previous owners were using it as a sewing room when we bought it.  At the time I didn't sew.  So we decided to make it into a playroom.  (Boy was that silly of me.  Heh.  Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.)  I picked a cheery yellow color for the walls, green chalkboard paint for another area, and some cute alphabet stickers.  Only problem?  The girls never used it.  Sigh.

I recently decided I hated the alphabet puzzle mat we had on the floor because Little One was constantly pulling it apart.  Letters everywhere.  Drove. Me. Bonkers.  So my brainstorming began.  We need a new rug.  I started to look online at teacher stores.  Then I started to look on Pinterest.  And that kind of morfed into redoing the room.  On the cheap.


Kind of boring, right?  And that puzzle mat.  Sigh.

We've had the book shelves for like 3 years.  And picked up the beanbag chairs after painting the rooms.

I picked up the coat racks at Target.  Mirror at Walmart.  The shelf under the window used to be in the girls' room (and is now perfect for pretend make up and dress up shoes).  The "stools" are actually mega blocks (hello dual purpose!).  The basket I've had for years and is great for tutus and hats etc.  There is also a little key rack (Target) I got and the Hubster screwed it on the side of the shelf so they can hang their necklaces etc.

Spot for me and a spot for guests to sleep when they come to visit in droves!

The Hubster's old tv (the shelf was already there).  The dollhouse (that Santa brought the girls for Christmas) is sitting on another piece of Ikea furniture that has been in Big One's closet for awhile.  I found the kitchen on Craigslist a couple of years ago.  And the easel we've had for a few years is also from Ikea.

So, I do still need to find a rug that is bigger than the one under the table and chairs (Ikea).  But for this make over I spent about $35!  Nice, right?  The girls love it down there!  

Next up?  Guest room bedroom


No comments:

Post a Comment