July 15, 2011

Eye Opening!

So I have never counted calories before ::ducking::

Really.  I have never dieted.  I am just pretty good at eating things in moderation.  But I love to eat.  I love to cook.  I love to grocery shop.  I love to host parties so I can do all of the previously mentioned things.

If you read a few posts down you can see I just turned 30.  I am thinking that my days of never counting calories and dieting are over.

After having Big One the weight fell off.  After Little One?  Um... not so much.  I am one of the many women who feel like being pregnant gives you a license to eat whatever you want.  Hey, by all means.  But honey I am living proof of what happens.  Eight months later and 15 pounds left to lose.  Ok.  Ten to get me to pre-pregnancy weight.  Another five is where I should be.

So before I left for vacation (oh yeah, great timing) my friends told me about My Fitness Pal.  I have to admit.  It is pretty awesome.  Eye opening.  For real.  So that was two weeks ago.  One week we were on vacation.  I weighed in today.  I'm down 2.6 lbs.  Considering I have yet to make it back to the gym that is pretty darn good.

Accountability my friends.

And really very simple.  I also love that it gives me a boat load of extra calories because I'm nursing. 
It is going to be a very sad day when that ends.  Not like oh my heart breaks because I'm done nursing.  More like oh my heart breaks I have to eat like a normal person again!

I'm just being honest. 

So go and check it out.  It is pretty neat.  And I love that it has a free app for my iTouch. 


1 comment:

  1. Haha. Yeah I never needed to diet as far as food is concerned but I joined the Y after Leah was born. I has just turned 30. It's definitely a turning point where you really have to watch what you eat OR exercise. Bot would be the ticket, but I am not there yet. I still love food too much.

    ReplyDelete