July 12, 2011

Vacation rundown!

The hubster got the week of the 4th off from work!  A much needed vacation as the last one he had was Christmas! 

So we headed out to visit my parents and brother, aunt, uncle, cousin and her family, and some friends.  I never get to fit everyone in.  It stinks.  And with Little One taking two naps a day it makes it really difficult.  I am probably one of the only moms counting the days until she drops the first nap! 

Big One playing the piano with Papa.

My girls with Nana and Papa.  Obviously Little One doesn't tolerate the eat well.  Heh.

The Hubster and Me.

Little One dancing with her Uncle.


We had a great visit.  It was nice to get a little extra sleep in the morning.  My mom kept the girls downstairs.  It was much appreciated as Little One was waking every couple of hours.  ::Yawn::

We went downtown and went through some of the little shops.  Ate at one of our favorite casual restaurants.  Also the Hubster and I got to go on a date.  Yes!  A date!  It was fabulous!  Dinner at our favorite place ever and then gelato while walking around downtown.  It was perfect.

I met up with three of my favorite girls - and forgot to take a picture - for dinner and drinks.  We are so cool we closed the place down.  At 10pm.  Heh.  I learned that two margaritas are too much for me these days.  Sad.  Even sadder?  Little One was not happy with them either.  Up. Allllll.  Night.

Big One and her cousin looking at the goats!

I was *shocked* that Big One went on - and LOVED - this ride!

Big One with Auntie and cousin!  It was HOT!

Little One with her cousin!

My girls with 13 month old friend!
On our way back home we stopped in to visit the Hubster's family and best friend (and fam).  We went to a local festival and Big One rode some rides!  I bought a couple cute hair bows for the girls.  We stayed with friends so we were actually able to carry on a full uninterrupted conversation once the girls went to bed.  It was fabulous.  We haven't seen our friends for an entire year!  We really need to be sure to not go that long again!  Before we left we went to my sister-in-law's house to drop off some belated birthday gifts and hang out.  We had a great time.

But boy am I happy to be home.  That was a lot of driving with two little ones.

Now to get my butt back in gear.  Eating healthy and I must get my butt back to the gym! 

Also on the list: get rid of Big One's paci (she only gets it in bed) and get Little One transitioned from the Rock-n-Play to the crib.

I'm exhausted just thinking of those items.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment