December 9, 2011

Cheese Cake (edited)

I'm weird.  I don't like like cheese cake.  Unless it has a bunch of stuff in it.  Like snickers.  And caramel.  And chocolate.  You get the point.

My father-in-law and my brother-in-law both love cheese cake.  And their birthdays are both in December.  So last weekend we celebrated since we were all together.

And I made cheese cakes.

Last year we celebrated too.  And I made my first cheese cake ever.  Plain.  My mom's recipe.  It got rave reviews.  But I wouldn't know because I didn't eat it.

This year I was going to be feeding more people.  So I decided to make two.  I plain and I oreo.

This is not a fancy recipe.  It is rather easy.  So if you want to give it a whirl, here you go:

Peggy's Cheese Cake:
1 premade pie crust (fancy, I know)
2 bars of room temperature cream cheese (low fat is fine)
2 eggs (heh thanks Christy I forgot!)
3/4 c. of sugar
1tsp of vanilla

Whisk cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together until really smooth.  Dump in pie crust.  Put in preheated 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes.  You want to watch it once it hits 25 minutes.  You want it a little jiggly in the middle and a couple light brown spots are fine.  I know, real specific.

For the Oreo Cheese cake I used the same recipe.  I crushed 1/3 of a package and mixed it in the batter once it was smooth.  And crushed another 1/3 of a package and put it on top right before serving.  It would be fabulous with a drizzle of melted chocolate too.

Of course I didn't take any pics of my masterpieces.

Trust me though.  So yummy.  I actually tried a piece of the Oreo one this year.


2 comments: