December 19, 2011

Spritz Cookies

I love spritz cookies.  They are so dang cute.  And way easier than rolling out dough, and cookie cutters.

Want to know something new about me?  I hate to clean the counters.  Add a layer of flour and bits of dough?  Not fun.  

This year I decided it was time.  I needed a cookie press.  I did some research and grabbed this one from Amazon.   None of them had awesome reviews, so I was keeping my fingers crossed.  But one batch down and I'm very happy!  Good purchase!

See you can see my first attempt!


I need to work on my decorating now!  But they were so very tasty!

I was going to follow the recipe that came with the cookie press, but I was missing an ingredient.  So I used this recipe.  I doubled the vanilla and the almond extracts.  And they took 4-5 minutes in my oven, 6 minutes was too long and they were a little brown.

So now my boxes for friends/neighbors are complete!  Hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment