March 11, 2013

Nutella Cookies

I saw a Pin for Nutella cookies months ago.  I was waiting for the perfect opportunity to make them (aka bring them somewhere).  The other week it was yucky out and I felt like baking.  So despite the fact that I knew I'd end up eating the majority of them.... sigh...

They were absolutely delicious! 






I loosely followed the recipe on the link.  But I prefer the base of the cookie from Tollhouse.  I cook eat their chocolate chip cookies all day long.  

Recipe:
2 1/4c flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1c softened butter
3/4c granulated sugar
3/4c packed brown sugar
2tsp vanilla extract (Yes, I know the recipe says 1tsp but I always double the vanilla.  Trust me.)
2 large eggs
Nutella

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combone flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. 
  3. Grease mini muffin tins.  
  4. I used my smallest cookie scoop to fill the muffin tins.  
  5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just start to brown around the edges.
  6. After cooling for a couple of minutes, use a shot glass or a spoon to push down the middle.  You need a spot to put that yummy Nutella!
  7. Scoop some Nutella into each hole.  
  8. If you are a perfectionist (I am not), swirl the top and make it pretty.
  9. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment