March 14, 2013

Olive Garden Breadsticks (Knock-Offs) Recipe



Yesterday was a busy day!  I had my two girls home, and was watching a friend's twin boys (so a 4 year old and three 2 year olds).  It was fun!  And believe it or not, quiet!  They were so busy playing together they really didn't pay much attention to me at all!  I even got some Banana Bread made!

Later in the afternoon, I had three of my girlfriends over and all of their kiddos.  We were so very outnumbered.  Three adults and seven kids all ages four and under!

I made stuffed shells and was planning to do a short cut for garlic bread.  I bought the boxed stuff.  I love a good frozen garlic bread.  I don't often get it because of all the extra who knows what is in it.  And really, it is a lot cheaper to make my own.  It also leaves more room in my freezer!

... Then my girlfriend warned me that even if her kids don't eat dinner, they will eat all of the breadsticks.  I got worried.  Clearly one box of Texas Toast wasn't going to cut it!

I saw this recipe online for a Knock Off of Olive Garden's breadsticks.  And if you know me at all, you know my love for OG breadsticks (and alfredo sauce!).  I had all of the ingredients and I figured why not.  I threw all of the ingredients into my bread machine on the dough cycle (in the order recommended) and then formed them and let them rise for another hour before baking.  Easy!

They were delicious.  I forgot to take pictures.  So.  Here is the pic from the blog I grabbed the recipe from:
Mine were actually shaped nicer than that!  Woot!
There wasn't an indication of how many bread sticks the recipe would make, so I sort of winged it.  Started dividing the dough in half.  And again.  And again.  I ended up with 18 good sized breadsticks!

They went like hotcakes!  By the time everyone left, there were three left!  After the Hubster came home, they were all gone!

One thing to note, mine did not take the full 15 minutes!  I should have put the timer on for 8 minutes and started watching them at that point.  I suppose the blogger made less.  Had I counted the picture I would have figured it out, eh?

I will definitely be making these again.  And again.  And again.

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing, I'll have to try these soon(without the bread maker)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the original recipe was without the bread machine! I'm just lazy :) Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Um, does Tracy know that exist??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know!! Very good question! Maybe she should come up and I'll make them for her :)

      Delete