January 4, 2011

Sacrifices

I am a self-confessed dairyaholic.  Milk.  Cheese.  Chocolate.  Ice Cream.  Mmmmmm ice cream...

Apparently the newest member of our family does not appreciate my obsession. 

I have two choices.

1.  Continue to partake in the love of dairy.  Mmmmm chocolate.... sorry, I digress.  So, where was I?  Oh yes, continue my life as I know it eating lots and lots of dairy products, and as a result have a very gassy and very irritable baby who will not sleep.

or

2.  Step away from the dairy. 

Sigh.... so, my friends, who has some yummy ideas for meals and snacks sans dairy? 

Because I am tired.

PS - who knew it took 2-3 weeks for dairy to leave your system?!  Geesh...


2 comments:

  1. i have no suggestions, momma.. only hugs. and my condolences, on the loss of your eating freedom. i tried to cut out dairy when ash was a newbie, and after two weeks w/ no change on her issues, i gave up.. i need my cheese lol good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's an easy, cheap milkshake (sans ice cream) that you could make with soy milk (can you do soy milk?). I've made them with regular milk before and they're great.

    http://under1000permonth.blogspot.com/2009/09/milk-shakes-027.html

    ReplyDelete