July 23, 2012

Confessions

I bet you thought you were about to read something juicy and interesting, huh?

Here is my confession.  I like things done my way.  In my time.  You are shocked, right?  There are some things I don't mind help with, one of those things is cleaning.  If you want to help me clean, by all means, I am not going to stop you.  Promise!  But other things?  Heh.

This drives the Hubster insane.  I maybe OCD about somethings, but I assure you, he is too!

So why do you care?  Well, one thing the Hubster is OCD about is finishing a project.  If he has something he is working on he wants to finish it before he does anything else.  I am more of a balance kind of girl in that respect.  Sure you have this thing you are working on, but we also have two young girls and life that needs to be dealt with!  See?  Yes, I want that project done, but you need to clone yourself because you need to spend time with us too!

Again.  Why do you care?

The Hubster and I have decided to remodel our master bathroom.  We had grand plans (and a smallish budget) to begin with.  Claw foot tub.  Stone tiles.  New vanities.  New mirrors.  New fixtures.  New just about everything.

...and then we went to Home Depot.

On our way home (after both girls made it very clear they had no interest in our remodel) I suggested that we reuse our vanity.  The only problem was that something (heat? water) had messed up the veneer/vinyl on one of the cabinet doors, it sort of bubbled?  So I'm hoping we can either find the same door somewhere or somehow my fabulous husband can work his magic and fix it.  Fingers crossed because that would save us $1000.

We looked online at claw foot tubs and I quickly came to the realization that 1. they are expensive 2. they are heavy.  We'd probably have to reinforce the floor.  And without doing any research, I imagine that is not cheap.  Second option is an acrylic tub.  Still not cheap at around $1,200.  So I started thinking... our tub (Jacuzzi brand) isn't terrible.  It works perfectly.  I just hate the fixtures and the tile around it.  Hate.  I think I have the Hubster convinced we should reuse that as well.

So I just knocked off about $2,500 from our remodel and we haven't even started!  He can never again say that I spend spend spend!

We are still in the research and planning phase.  We have some things coming up in the next few weeks so really we won't be able to start this project until the end of August at the earliest.

I'm incredibly lucky that the Hubster is handy.  He can do all of this project himself minus the plumbing (but there may not be any plumbing if we keep the tub!).  It will just take some time.  Guess I will need to keep my OCD in check for this one.

We've been happily married for just over five years now.  Think we'll survive this?!

The Hubster was taking apart the faucet last night until we realized that the fabulous previous owners didn't put an access to it.  You can only unscrew it from the bottom, which means tear up the tiles.  Fabulous.

Ignore the mess.  But you get the idea.  If only we could extend the shower.  A girl can dream, right?

Ignore the dirty mirror please.  Ugly lights.  Ugly fixtures.  We did just add knobs (we had leftovers).  Oh and ghetto trim around the mirror.  The previous owners had grand plans and poor execution - throughout the entire house.  Lucky us.  

Again, what is the deal with the light fixture??
It is so white.  I promise it will not be so blah when we are done with it.  If anyone has ideas, let me know!  This is our biggest design challenge to date!


No comments:

Post a Comment