July 13, 2012

Guest Room

So I should have taken some before pictures.  Bummer.  But our basement guest room was just a hodgepodge of leftover furniture we had from various points in our history.  We had a small white dresser and one nightstand I had from just after graduating from college.  A queen sized bed my parents got me for my college graduation present (how is that for practical??).  A headboard that the Hubster and I made while we were in a rental (it was pretty loud fabric as we were not supposed to paint the walls).  Curtains that we had in our bedroom at some point.  And a rocking chair that I found on the side of the road.  Nice.

So it is a little dark in the guest room.  I didn't want it to feel like a dungeon though.  And I didn't want it to be too feminine.  So I sold the white pieces we had.  We bought some old shutters at a second hand store for $20 and spray painted them white and hung it as a headboard.  The Hubster built the matching nightstands on either side of the bed.  He is awfully handy (which makes him even sexier in my opinion).  We picked up a bookcase from Ikea and put it on its side.  Kept the rocking chair.  And my favorite touches were the paintings the girls did.  Big One painted the one on the left and Little One painted the one on the right.  They did a great job.  I am definitely not an artist, but I painted some canvas with the Sweet Dreams sign above the bed.





Not bad, right?  Cheery!  Hopefully our guests like it down there!  We will find out tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment