August 7, 2012

Vacation

We went on vacation for a few days.  Several hours away from home.  The girls did awesome in the car.  For that the Hubster and I were incredibly grateful!

We went to the beach.  We swam in pools.  We walked on a pier.  We did a carriage ride.  We stayed at a super nice cottage as well.  Two bedrooms, full kitchen.  Fabulous.  And we stuck Little One in our closet.  Worked out perfectly!  Hey, it was a huge closet!

We had a really nice trip.  My parents even visited for a couple of days.  I don't get to see them as often as I would like, so it made a good trip even better!  

The girls with my parents!

With the Hubster

Carriage tour.  It was HOT.

I missed the memo on wearing my glasses.

My girl

Can you see the ship in the distance?

An afterthought picture after the pool.


Stranger Bob offered to take our pic.  Thanks Bob!

They were watching the surfers.  It had just stormed.

Who knew your heart could live outside of your body.  Twice.

Sisters

They were obsessed with watching the water under the grate!  Memorized!

Our famous "Do It Yourself" shot.

Daddy was chasing her with the camera.  She thought it was hysterical!

Love.

Beach Day!

Little One loved filling the pails!

Daddy and Big One built lots of castles - one for each of the Disney princesses.  Little One loved knocking them over!

Swinging at 9:30pm?  Why not!

It was our first vacation just the four of us; normally, we visit a set of grandparents.  It was a little chaotic.  Taking an almost two year old out to eat for several days in a row is hard work!  And the girls were both done with being stuck in the car too.  

But we made it back in one piece!  And had a really nice time.  We cannot wait to go back again!





2 comments:

  1. Precious!!! I miss family vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to the beach too and Lil Lady slept in the boys giant closet, so no judgement here! LOL and I know what you mean about the heart living outside of the body 4 times. Oh I love it!!

    ReplyDelete