December 7, 2012

Christmas Tree with Memories

Growing up we always had a tree full of hodgepodge ornaments.  I loved decorating the tree because my mom would explain where each ornament came from.  Each year my parents would pick out the perfect ornament for each of us.  When my parents got married and had their first Christmas tree they didn't have any ornaments to decorate it with.  They wanted to be sure that wasn't the case for the three of us.  Sure enough, when I graduated and moved out, I had my memory box full of ornaments for my tree.  It was such a great gift.

We have carried on that tradition.  Each year we get a family ornament and each of us gets our own ornament.  When the girls move out and start their own families they will have a box full of happy memories too.

I know lots of people that have a beautiful, color coordinated Christmas tree each year.  It is perfection, for sure.  But I wouldn't trade our tree full of memories for anything.




I need another strand of bead garland.  But I love it!


2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Lots of lights. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents did the same thing for us growing up, then when we got our boxes for our own trees my mom had to go out and get new ones for hers! Now it is all color coordinated and pretty, and ours is the hodge podge one full of memories. I wouldn't want it any other way!

    ReplyDelete