December 2, 2012

No bake energy bites, WOW butter, and Kenny update!





Back again, huh?  Geesh.  Who knew I had so much to say?!  Heh.  I'm kidding.  I talk.  A lot.

Anyway.  So I was browsing Pinterest today and ran into this recipe for No Bake Energy Bites.  I had to do some modifying due to Big One's peanut allergy and the Hubster's hatred for all things coconut.  Sigh.  He kills me.

So I made mine like this.

1c dry oats
2/3 c chopped walnuts (make sure you chop them and then measure them)
1/2 c almond butter (any nut, seed, or WOW butter would work)
1/2 c wheat germ
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/3 c honey (you need the stickiness so make sure you use honey)
1 tsp vanilla extract


Mix it all up.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Roll into balls.  I used a Tbsp measurement and got 24 of them.  Huge hit over here.  Keep them in the fridge and they will stay good for a week.



Again, I take no credit for the picture.  It is from the blog I mentioned above.  I really need to just take my own pictures already!
So now are you looking at me like I have three heads?  WOW butter?  What is that?  It is pretty awesome.  A friend of mine introduced me to it this summer!  It tastes very similar to peanut butter, but it is made with soy!




(Disclaimer - I am now an Amazon Affiliate.  So if by chance you need six cases of Wow Butter and decide to buy through the link above - heh - I'll get a small portion of the sale.)

Definitely worth a try if your child, or their friend is allergic to nuts!  I used it the other day to make granola bars for Big One to bring to school and all of the students and teachers were impressed!

And in other fabulous news, Kenny was adopted today!  My girlfriend is so very relieved, and I am too!  I hope Kenny has found an amazingly loving home!  Thanks to all of you who helped spread the word about him!





No comments:

Post a Comment