March 30, 2011

A funny story for you.

So a couple of days ago the Hubster came home a little miffed.  He stopped at a gas station on the way home to fill up.  Totally normal.  While the gas was pumping he decided to wash his windshield.  Again, totally normal (heh, for him). 

Then a mid-twenty-something pulled up in a rather sporty and not so cheap car.

I guess this is where I should add that the Hubster traded in his beloved truck to get an older and more gas efficient car for his fairly long commute to work.  He couldn't stand to think about all the wasted gas and money being spent just to keep the truck because he liked it.  So anyway...

Girl: "um, excuse me?"
Hubster: "yes?"
Girl: "Can you come here and wash my windshield?"

(side note - the Hubster is wearing black dress pants and a white long sleeve button-down collared shirt)

Hubster: ignores girl and turns back to his car
Girl: excuuuse me
Hubster: (clearly miffed now) WHAT.
Girl:  I asked you to wash my windshield.
Hubster:  I don't know who you think you are, but I promise you that I make more money than you (on a side note - probably not his finest moment here...).  I don't know who you think you are.  Or who you think I am.  But I do not work here.  And no.  I will not clean your windshield. 

This is where he walks over to her very fancy car and hands her the squeegee. 

She didn't even finish pumping her gas and took off like a bat out of hell.  

Let me just add that we do not live in a state where people have to pump your gas for you.  And even in those states, they don't wash your windshield...

Maybe this is just humorous to me?  The Hubster isn't normally a confrontational sort of guy.  If someone is bugging him (heh, unless it is me) he will ignore it... or them. 

Maybe this girl caught him on a bad day? 

Honestly, I think he just wanted to teach her a lesson.  Chances are he was 100% correct.  Chances are he does make more money than she does.  Even though he drives an old gas-efficient car and she drives a crazy expensive sports car.  Chances are that she is used to people doing things for her.  The Hubster has worked very hard from the time he was 15 to get where he is today.  He prides himself in that, as he should.  He believes in buying only what you can afford.  Living within your means.  Working hard.  Even when others are not watching you.  Treating people with respect, even when someone does a less desirable job.  Even if that person works for you.  Especially when that person works for you.

Hopefully he taught her that appearances could be deceiving.  Probably not.  But one could hope. 

I can only imagine the next conversation that girl had on her cell phone. 

You will not believe what this guy just said to me....

heh. 


5 comments:

  1. I can only imagine! He must of been furious! I would of let her have too!

    PS, the authentication word was "RUIN du" ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!!! ha ha! Good for him to stick up for himself. I'll bet that girl will think twice before she assumes anything like that again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was probably her daddy's car. ;)

    ReplyDelete