March 7, 2011

Girls Night Out

Saturday I had a much needed Girls Night Out (GNO) with a couple of friends.  We went to a trendy sushi bar (where I did not eat sushi).  We ate a bunch.  Talked even more.  We were trying to get as much in as we could because one of our friends is moving.  Far away.  As in hours and hours on a plane.  It makes me very sad to see her leave but it is a fabulous opportunity for their family. 

This is one of the first really good friends that I made when I moved here.  She has a son who is Big One's age.  I am really going to miss her.  A lot.  Big One is going to miss her son.  A lot.

So after a really good time sans kiddos I came home to an exhausted hubby.  Little One decided she did not want to take a bottle.  She wanted milk straight from the source.  Which, as you can imagine, hubby wasn't able to pull off.  Heh.

She ended up sleeping until 5am anyway, so she was obviously not starving. 

I tried again the next morning, first hubby and then me.  No go.

Man I wonder where she gets her stubbornness from!?

So now I am in search of another type of bottle.  Dr. Brown's you are clearly not my friend.

Sorry Little One.  You may have won the battle, but I will win the war!

And to my very good friend, you will be missed.  A lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment