March 16, 2011

Getting Ready To Celebrate

A few different things!

My mom's birthday!  She will be here tomorrow, and I am super excited to see her and actually celebrate her birthday with her.  It has been years!

My sister-in-law's birthday!  We never get to celebrate with her either so hooray!  

Also, Little One's Christening!  Very, very big event for us!  We are so very excited!  She barely fits in the Christening gown we got for Big One.  So it is a good thing we're doing it this weekend!  We are having lots of family visiting us to celebrate.  I couldn't be more thrilled that they understand how important it is to us!  Coming into town:  Mom, Dad, Sis, Bro, Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law, 2 nieces, and a few others!  We also have several friends that will be here!

So to prepare for the birthday celebrations I've been doing a bit of sewing.  I can show you a picture because I'm pretty sure my mom has other things to do than to check on my blog the night before she travels!


Please ignore the fact that I have no head, I didn't do my hair or make-up.  My mom loves black, white, and red together.  It is the theme of her kitchen.  I sure hope she likes it!

I also made 2 bookmarks for them.  And I'm working on my sister-in-law's apron.  My first attempt at a ruffle.  Geesh.  Not as simple as I thought it would be.... maybe that isn't the right word.  I guess I just figured it wouldn't take so long to gather the material!

So that is what I have been doing instead of cleaning my house.  Hey, I did get some laundry done!


1 comment: