February 23, 2011

Blessings

I am blessed.  I have the family I always dreamed of.  I am truly in love.  We have nice things.  I shouldn't have any complaints.

Yet, I do.  Too often.  I'm hoping I can stop that bad habit and negative thinking today.  I know it won't always be easy.  I know I will fall back into my old ways. 

But I am so so very blessed...

When I was pregnant with Big One I joined an online messaging board.  At first I "lurked," just reading the questions and answers other ladies posted about their pregnancy, their family, their jobs, their problems, their rants and raves... as I got closer to my due date I started to post myself.  I'm glad I did.  It has been just over 3 years since that message board was started and now I call those ladies my friends.  We have talked on the phone, emailed, texted, Facebooked, exchanged Christmas cards, and I've met many of them in person.  They have laughed with me, cried with me, given me advice, told me when to suck it up or shut up, and prayed with me.  Those ladies truly are some of my best friends.

One of those ladies had a daughter a few days before I had Little One.  She knew that her daughter was going to struggle with a heart problem.  We all prayed for her family.  We all were amazed at the strength of her baby girl.  We all knew she got that strength from her mama.

We found out today that despite numerous procedures that beautiful and perfect baby girl's brain is not growing as it should.  Her mommy and daddy have decided to make her as comfortable as they can and enjoy every moment they have with her.

I am heartbroken for them.  I wish I could fix it.  I wish I had words to make my friend feel better. 

But I can't.  I sit here rocking Little One to sleep and I cannot keep from crying.  A parent should never have to go through what they are dealing with.  Never.

So tonight I thank God for all the many blessings in my life.  My family and without a doubt, my friends. 

And I ask you to please pray for Baby Destiny and her family.  Krystal, we love you.


3 comments:

  1. Very well said! I'm still so sad and numb all at the same time. So glad I started posting there too instead of just lurking. <3 my HH mamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-( This post made me happy to hear how happy you are but also sad, I am sorry to hear your friend is having to go through this. It is not fair, no parent should have to experiece something like this :-( my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete