February 3, 2011

See, this gives you PLENTY of time!

Heh... so I only started sewing this past summer.  I'm by no means a professional.  I'm getting better with each project I complete.

That being said, my sister must have some serious faith in my abilities!  She asked me to make her a Christmas tree skirt as her Christmas gift this year.  That is a project that I had been thinking about doing anyway - for our own tree - so I said sure!  I knew that I had found a really great tutorial online, so why not?!

Why not?  Well, maybe because I have a crazy two year old?  Or because I was in my third trimester when she mentioned it?

But I said yes.  And then I waited until the Christmas fabrics were out in the store.  And then I went and had a baby.  HA!  How is that for giving yourself some additional time and energy!

So then I procrastinated.  I kept coming up with excuse upon excuse for what else had to be done before that skirt. 

It wasn't a difficult project.  Just a time consuming one. 

But I finished it!  ....the day after Christmas!




Please excuse the tired, non-make-upped, still hanging onto baby-weight me.

I'm pretty happy with it.  It isn't perfect, but the imperfections can only be seen from the back if you are looking for them.  We would need a way bigger one for our tree, however.  Maybe next year :)

I have to say, it is a good thing I love her.  A lot.  It was not easy to part with!

Oh and the fun part?  Look what I decided to finish...

 
So now the girls have a Christmas tree skirt for the doll house they don't have yet! 

Great idea goes to my mom! 


1 comment: