February 17, 2011

Snow Angels

Big One is a big fan of Max and Ruby.  Thanks to our DVR she can watch it anytime she wants.  Lucky us.  Heh.  She loves the episode where they make snow angels one afternoon while shoveling so Grandma can come over. 
When we got a decent amount of snow this winter I decided that I would try to get Little One to nap so I could take Big One outside and make snow angels.  She knew how to make them.  How did I know that?  She likes to demonstrate on the carpet.  Pretty funny.
So out we went.  First we delivered homemade bread to our wonderful neighbors. Went back in the house to get all the necessary snow gear on.  Snow pants, boots, jacket, mittens, hat.  Took at good 10 minutes.  Fun. 
Went outside.  And Big One was not amused.  She did not want to lay in the snow.  She did not want to make snow angels.  What did she want?  She wanted me to pick.her.up!  Um, 27lbs of Big One and another 10lbs (ok, I may be exaggerating a little) of snow gear.  Now I was the one that was not amused. 
She was very happy to stand in the garage and watch our wonderderful neighbor finish snow-blowing our drive way.  I told you they were wonderful! 
So what made me think of that?  Well, we have had some much warmer days lately (spring, I seeeeee you!!) and 99% of the snow is gone.  We have one small pile from the plow.  Makes me very happy to see our wonderfully dead grass again! 
So as we are driving out of the neighborhood Big One asks, "Mommy, make snow angels?"  Ummm.... I explain that the snow is all gone we cannot make snow angels.  She must have asked another three times.  Finally I told her she needed to wait until next winter (hopefully!) when it snows again. 
Somehow I doubt she will be much of a snowbunny then either. 
This post would be way cuter with a picture of Big One all dressed in her snow gear, but Facebook changed their layout again (surprise!) and I cannot grab the picture.  Sorry.


2 comments:

  1. I've been having trouble grabbing pictures off FB too. Darn them! Cute about the snow. Ethan was not impressed with the little bit of snow we got either. To cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bah wah!!! I could have written this same post a couple weeks ago! Gavin learned how to make snow angels on Caillou and he makes them on the carpet all the time! he finally made one in the snow and that was it....the snow got under his hat and down the neck in his coat and he was NOT happy!

    ReplyDelete