February 1, 2011

Less Crafty Lately

So despite my blog title, these days have been a little slow in the craft department.  I imagine it must have something to do with a todder, a new baby, and a hubby working lots of hours?  Nah, couldn't be. 

One day the girls will nap at the same time again and I will sew.  One day. 

I have several projects I want to try.  Nursing covers.  Crayon Rolls.   A few other things.  And I picked up some cute Valentines Day fabric to make the girls matching skirts.  So that one has a little more urgency behind it! 

So I leave you with this.  I've made a few taggy loveys in the last couple of months.  They are a fun and quick project.  A great gift for a new baby.  I love picking out the cotton prints (and sometimes try to match the nursery theme) and sewing it to the soft minky backing (although it is a pain in the you-know-what to sew.  lots of pins.  lots and lots of pins.).  And the tags are so fun for them to play with.  Different colors.  Different textures.  I could buy out the entire ribbon section at the store and be a very happy crafty mama.  I digress.

So, here are a couple I've done recently. 



These were made for one of my best friends from college.  She was having twin girls, so I thought these were cute, not-quite-matching fabrics for them!  Her little girls arrived, perfect in every way just one week before I had my LO.

And this lovey was done for my sister to give as a gift.  She was my first paying customer!  It was for a little girl.  Her nursery is decorated in sage, tan, and chocolate, so we thought this would be a fun pattern for her. 

Next time I'll show you the Christmas Skirt I made as a Christmas gift for my sister and the taggy stroller/car seat blanket I made for LO.


2 comments:

  1. If I had planned ahead I could have had you make me one for a friends baby shower this weekend :( Hope you get some free time to craft soon, those v-day skirts will be adorable, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brie, I'm surprised you don't make them yourself! I'll be sure to post pics when (if) I get them done!

    ReplyDelete