November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving surrounded by those they love! 

We had a quiet day, just the four of us.  Perfect.  We had thought about traveling since the Hubster had some time off from work, but we decided to stay put.  Less stressful that way.

I made a traditional Thanksgiving meal.  The Hubster's one request was rolls.  I was thinking the crescent variety (heh) but he wanted a real roll.  So of course, I decided to make them from scratch.  Glad I did.  They were yummy!

I need to work on my presentation a bit.  Don't mind the messy counters and the lack of decoration.


Turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, roasted green beans, homemade rolls, and cranberry sauce.

Yes.  Cranberry sauce from the can.  I like it.  So hush.
 
Rolls in my Nana's serving dish.  Love that she was here to celebrate with us in spirit.

Don't let that smile fool you.  She ate almost nothing.  Sigh.

She, however, was loving some mashed potatoes.

No kidding here, his plate was licked clean!
 Please note that he seriously makes Thanksgiving dinner into a sandwich.  Really.  Everything goes into a sandwich.  Hence the request for rolls.

I probably should have taken the picture before I ate half of my meal.  Oops.
And no.  No gravy.  We just don't like it.  So save me the work and the calories.

We have so many things to be grateful for this year.  Our families.  Our health.  Our girls.  The Hubster's job.  The fact that he continues to succeed at work.  I am grateful we were able to spend this holiday together.  Really grateful.

As always, we are thankful to the military to allow us this luxury.  I know there are thousands of men and women who were not able to spend this date with their loved ones in order to keep us safe.  I hope they can feel my gratitude from here.


1 comment:

  1. I think the sandwich thing goes back to basic training. My brother is the exact same way, and he says it was the only way he could eat everything on their plate during the allowed time.

    ReplyDelete