November 15, 2011

What a Week!

Little One has been on antibiotics for an ear infection since last Monday.  It has been a struggle with her because she haaaaaates the medicine.  It isn't a pretty thing to watch.  Twice a day.  Sigh.

Yesterday, Big One said her right ear hurt.  Hmmm.  I asked where and she said inside.  I asked her later in the evening, same response.  Again this morning, exact same.  Took them both in to be checked/re-checked.

Little One is good to go!  Hooray no more medicine battle!

Big One, right ear infected.  Sigh.

I'm grateful that she can communicate with me and tell me what is wrong.  I hate that she is feeling badly.  But I'm glad we got her in and hopefully she will be on the mend soon!

In addition to the wonderful germs around this house, we had lots of other fun stuff going on.

The Hubster and I had to replace our entire HVAC system (furnace and air conditioning).  Sigh.  We knew it was coming, we were just hoping to wait a little longer.  We got a great system, much more high efficiency, and haggled a pretty good deal.  I am really happy to have a working humidifier and UVC light as well.

I hope we are in this home for a long time, but if we aren't at least this purchase will be good for re-sale!

And our heating and a/c costs should go down considerably.  Trying to think positively.

They were here from 7:30am until 6:30pm.  Long day.  Lots of noise.  People in and out.  Short naps for the girls thanks to the ruckus.  Glad it is over.

Ah, you thought I was done?  Nope.

I noticed they cut our phone line while they were here.  So I was on the phone with our phone company for over an hour (during the witching hour) after they left.  And then was stuck waiting from 8am-12pm today for the guy to show up.  Late.  It is fixed.  It was free.

But man. 

Short nap for Little One today.  No nap for Big One (or myself ).  I'm sensing an early bedtime for all of us.

I'm crabby.  I need a vacation. 

And it is only Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment