November 7, 2011

Super Cape!

A friend of mine really must believe in my sewing abilities.  Heh.

I have no been sewing much.  I'm just completely lacking in motivation.  And time.  And energy.  

She asked if I would make her soon-to-be 3 year old a super hero cape.  She asked me... in July.  But I did it.  It was my first.  I'd probably make some changes to any more I'll make.  It was a little bigger than I anticipated.  Just means it will fit him for a loooong time.

We miss our friends.  A lot.  But I hope they think of us while he is saving the day in his super hero cape!

Here is Big One modeling my creation!

Please notice my very first applique.
See?  A little big.
The other side and applique #2.
My beautiful model.

It was a fun project.  Any time I try something for the first time it takes a little bit of extra time.  So new project + first time attempting an applique = looooooong project.

But I hope the birthday boy loves it!  And knows that it was made with lots of love!






1 comment: