November 9, 2011

Unexpected Visit!

I got an unexpected text from my bff a couple weeks ago.  She was not too far away from me (at a work conference) and had some time to meet up for dinner.

She moved many many miles away this past summer, which made me super sad.  I had no idea when we'd be able to meet up again because both of our funds are limited these days.

The best part was the the Hubster was actually home so I could have an unexpected Girls' Night Out with my best friend. 

I forgot my camera, of course, and she finally send me the pic we took.

Man, I miss her.


What amazes me though is that we met 12 years ago.  12 years!!!  And boy have we been through a lot together.   Pretty amazing to see how we have grown.  She is awesome.  And so smart.  And beautiful.  And funny.  And talented.  And fun. 

Have I mentioned how much I miss her?

It was awesome having some time (sans kiddos) to catch up with her.

I love her even more because she tells me I look better now than back then.  Man she is a good friend.


2 comments: