November 12, 2011

Mine.

Yup.  All mine.  What, you ask?

My body.  Mine.  Mine.  Mine.

Since early 2008 my body has pretty much been used for someone else's purpose.  I wouldn't trade any of it for anything.  I have two of the most beautiful gifts in the world thanks to this body of mine.

But boy is it nice to have it back!

Twenty months of being pregnant and twenty-four months of nursing.

And it is all in the past for me now. 

Nursing Big One was a challenge sometimes.  Mainly because she took forever.  Little One was a challenge in a different way, she only wanted me.  Bottle?  Pppsht.  

I have never been one of those mamas who adored nursing.  *dodging flames*

I nursed for other reasons.

I nursed because it was cheap.  Do you know how expensive formula is?!

I nursed because it was healthy.  Healthy for my munchkins.  And there are lots of health benefits for the mama as well.

I nursed because it was convenient.  No running downstairs in the middle of the night to fix a bottle and warm it up.

I set a goal for myself.  One year.  I met that goal both times.  I am really proud of that accomplishment.  I feel like I did great things for my babies and for myself.

And I'm glad to be done.  A little sad this time around.  Just knowing that it is something that I will not experience again.  Bitter sweet.

Thursday, when I nursed Little One for the last time, I just took it all in.  I will definitely cherish those quiet times I had with my girls.  Certainly something no one can ever take from me.

And I'm pretty darn proud of myself. 

But time to move on.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go!I Can't believe I have made it this far since nursing has always been a struggle with us. Now I am still dealing with biting. How does an almost 1 year old not understand "no bite". I nurse for many of the same reasons you listed. but since we have milk protein issues real milk will not be an option. So I will keep nursing as long as possible despite wanting to quite.

    ReplyDelete