November 2, 2011

A very belated 3rd birthday update!

Big One turned three at the beginning of the month.  Geesh.  Three.  I could go on and on and on about the day she was born, but I will spare you the details about the epidural they stuck in my back EIGHT times before they got it right. 

Anyway.  Big One is obviously beautiful.  Incredibly smart.  She has a crazy memory.  Loves to build towers (wonder who she gets that from)!  She has decided to be a ballerina and is doing fabulously at her ballet class.  She can show you first position, tondu, how to point/flex her feet, a straddle, and walking on her toes with her hands above her head (if there is a ballet term please feel free to correct me.  I am not a ballerina!). 

The week following her birthday she (and we) decided it was time to potty train.  And she has done great.  It is nice to change one person's diaper.  Who knew a princess potty seat and some princess panties would change her mind about using the big girl potty!

She insisted on a PINK cake for her actual birthday.  You know, pink is her favorite color!  I would show you a picture of the dreadful cake (it was not my best work) but it has her name on it.  You know how mysterious I am. 

The initial plan was to make an Elmo cake.  But leave it to my wonderful three year old to change her mind the day before her big day! 

I had made some cupcakes to help form Elmo.  I decided to practice with them.  I planned to make character cupcakes for the joint Sesame Street party we were having later in the month.

I think they came out better than the actual ones for the birthday party.  Oh well.  Lessons Learned for next year.

Oh and if you couldn't figure it out (from top left to bottom): Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Elmo, Grover, Oscar the Grouch.

And a very happy belated third birthday to my awesome three year old.  I love you bunches and bunches.


1 comment: