November 17, 2011

New Recipes

I love to try new recipes. Love.

I usually wait until The Hubster is around, especially if it seems complicated, because the girls are always difficult in the evenings. Even more so when I'm preoccupied and cooking. Sigh.

Well, I wanted chicken fajitas today. I had been toying with the idea of making my own tortillas. Why? Well, I think they are overpriced. My amazing Aunt uses a short cut and cooks her own (they are pre-made and amazing, and she cooks them on the stove) and they are heavenly. And a friend of mine posted a recipe and said they were super easy and yummy. Ok, fine.

I decided to use this recipe here because it was significantly fewer calories. And yes. I used lard. Gasp!

They were awesome. I made half the recipe. It was super easy to put together in my food processor. I used hot water and not all of it. You don't want it to be too sticky.

They obviously take a little bit of time. Mainly just rolling them out super duper thin. But worth it. No preservatives. And cheap.

I will definitely do this again. Just not when I'm trying to juggle both crabby girls at dinner time.

So they weren't perfectly round.  The second batch was better!
Excuse the messy plate, this was my second fajita!


3 comments:

  1. mouth is watering - that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Mine still usually come out a bit wonky...adds to their charm ;)

    ReplyDelete