November 20, 2012

Dinner Success!



My children like to torture me.  They hate to eat.  Mostly dinner.  And anything I actually cook.  Typical kids, I am aware, but it is still infuriating.

Last evening was sort of chaotic.  The Hubster got home late.  Big One wasn't feeling well and was whining and miserable.  I was trying to get dinner together and the Hubster noticed that BO was wheezing.  Sigh.

Fortunately, we had Little One's nebulizer and meds from when she was two months old.  So I was able to give BO a treatment and then just call the doc on call.

My point?  Oh yeah...

So I was making blackened flank steak.  For the Love of Cooking is one of my favorite food blogs.  She has never ever let me down.  I have tried many of her recipes, so trust me!  Or go check her out yourself!  I cut the pepper down a bit because I had high hopes the girls would eat it.  AND THEY DID!!!!  It must have been a Mommy is tired and it has been a really long day miracle!

Ours was a little more done than this.  I don't like my meet to moo at me :)
The Hubster prefers to drink his fruits and veggies and I have been rather lazy these days in the cooking department, so I paired dinner with smoothies.  Done and done.

And everyone finished their dinner!



3 comments: