November 14, 2012

Master Bath

The Hubster has been on vacation for ten days.  He goes back to work tomorrow.  I am pretty certain we are both ready.  Heh.

He has been working very hard though.  And really long hours.

This is where I would love to show you a before picture of our master bath.  Unfortunately, my computer crashed and the pics were on here.  The Hubster wiped my laptop before we backed up the pics.  Bummer. So imagine off white walls.  4x4 white tiles.  Jacuzzi tub surrounded by more 4x4 white tiles.  White double vanity.  White counter top.  White shower.  Boring. And white.  Did I mention lots of white?  Builder's grade.  Oh and ugly lights.

I don't think I've shown you and updated pic for the girls' bathroom either.  I'll have to do that soon.  He did an awesome job.

Our master bath is pretty big though, and we knew it would take a good amount of time.  And plumbing, which just happens to be the Hubster's nemesis.  (Although he might actually have conquered it!)

So this "vacation" has been full of him ripping out lots and lots of tile.  Re-plumbing the tub.  Laying cement board (which smells horrid if you didn't know).  Laying and cutting tons and tons of tiles.  Grouting.  Cutting the trim for the entire room.  Building a box to have access to the tub pipes in case of an emergency.  Putting in the new vanity.  Putting up the new lighting (2 of 3 fixtures are in!).  Framing out the mirror.  Oh and patching the walls etc too.  Lots of work.

It is finally coming together.  I cannot wait to not be sharing the bathroom with the girls.  I also cannot wait to be sleeping in my own bed again rather than the guest bedroom.

So here is a sneak peak.

Crazy tall walls.
I know.  I'm a big tease.


4 comments:

  1. Psst...http://domesticengineergonecrafty.blogspot.com/2012/07/confessions.html

    I knew you had shared your pre-remodel master bath in a previous post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAAA! Thanks Brie! I thought I might have posted about that... but my brain is fried these days! Well good! That will make the Hubster happy!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete