November 1, 2012

Rainbow Party and NaBloPoMo

It is that time of year again.  What time?  Crazy time for our household.  Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Craziness on top of craziness.

And.  NaBloPoMo.  So.  Here is Day 1.

Over the weekend we celebrated the girls' birthdays!  We do them together because our families live several hours away, so one trip is really the easiest.

This year we did a Rainbow Party!  I think it turned out awesome.  Thank you Pinterest for all of the fab ideas!

My amazing friend, Brie, made an amazing party package of labels for me!  Everyone knew what they were eating and what all of the activity centers were and they were just so gosh darn cute!!  You can check out her shop ModInkDesign and take advantage of her Grand Opening Sale!

This was probably the first party that I didn't have a ton of leftovers.  Well, except hot dogs.  We cooked way too many of those.  Even the two layer cakes were almost gone!  There were about 50 of us.  But that is a lot of cake!

The kids had a blast.  The bounce house we bought for them (used) was a huge hit.

And the girls got an insane amount of gifts from our generous family and friends.

Next year I swear I will get more of my party projects done ahead of time so I don't put my family to work so much.  Really!  I promise!

It really was a fabulous day.  Thanks to everyone who made the time to come and celebrate with us.  These are for sure the memories that the girls will keep with them forever.

This balloon banner was a last minute addition to my To Do list and I think it made for an awesome entrance!
(Thanks mom!!)
All dressed up and ready to party!
The dresses I made!

This was supposed to be a good picture opportunity for the parents/kiddos.  It went unused.  Oh well.
"Special Cheerios" aka Fruit Loop necklaces were a big hit!
Big One could happily color all day long.  This was a big hit.
I should have covered this Ikea table because it is now covered in paint.  The kids loved this.
Little One painting.
Dessert table.  Skittles and sugar cookies on the left.  M&M bars and twizzlers on the right.
The cloud and rainbow turned out awesome.  I think I'll put it in the playroom.  I can't imagine throwing it away.
Rainbow cake!  It tasted as good as it looked!  The fondant rainbow was also a late add to my To Do list.  I am so glad I made it though.  What a statement, right?!
Big One was very excited about the cake!
Before you ask, it is Funfetti Cake.  Surprised?  I have done cake from scratch before, but I haven't found one that I like as much as a plain ol' box mix!
These were also a big hit.  And again, I took some help from a pre-made mix.
Appetizers.  The cucumbers were served with a chive and basil cream cheese spread.  It was awesome.
I may or may not have bought another cucumber the next day for all of the leftover spread.
We had a hot dog bar and a ton of fixin's
Absolutely no leftovers.
Rainbow veggie platter was also gone.



6 comments:

  1. Looks like an AMAZING party! You're so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job! Thanks for the mention about my shop, now I need to get those rainbow printables up for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who was your party planner?

    This looks professional, Hill! You are such a good mom to those beautiful girls! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls. I love this stuff! As stressed out and crazy as it makes me! And I love knowing that the girls will have these fun party memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy bananas, you go all out! You have some lucky daughters :)

    ReplyDelete