November 16, 2012

Sneak peak

When the Hubster and I were looking at our house for the first time, our realtor pointed out that there wasn't an access to the plumbing on the tub.  That we would need to make sure when we updated the bathroom to do that.  What did that mean?  Essentially if we were to ever have a leak or something worse, we would have had to break and pull up the tiles to fix the problem.  Hope it wasn't an emergency, right?!

So when we were discussing our updates the Hubster already had an idea in mind.  He would build a box.  With a shelf.  And trim it out.  And... and... and... This is where I nod and smile because I am a visual person, and I need pictures.  Heh.

So after he drew me pictures (I am not kidding) I was on board.

And here is the box.  From scratch.  He is pretty handy, have I mentioned that before?

Hey, he got thirsty!  
And a close up.  Bead board backing.  He routed the edges of the shelves and the boards to match the trim he made for the rest of the room.  And a whole lot easier to remove if we need to!

Not caulked yet, but looking fantastic!
The bathroom will definitely be finished by the end of the month as the Hubster has another stretch of time off from work coming up.  Sort of unexpected, but I'll take it!

There are several more things to go on the "Previous Owner was an Idiot" list as well.  Poor Hubster never knows what he's really getting into when he starts a project, thanks to that guy!


1 comment: