November 3, 2012

Girls Weekend

The girls and I are spent Friday night and today with my sister.  We love having Auntie so close!  The rest of my family is way too far away for a weekend trip, so it is nice that I don't have to be completely homesick!

We went on a subway!  The girls were thrilled!  Last year Big One was in total amazement at the big train!  Little One was very little, so I bet this year she is going to be over the moon!

And we went to a big food expo, so that is right up my alley. A lot of walking and chasing the munchkins. Lots of crowds.  Lots of taste testing things.  

And Greek food for dinner!  My sis has this super tasty restaurant right by her house.  Chicken gyro?  Yes please.  Greek fries?  Mmm hmmm.  Greek salad?  Yup!  Heaven.  And someone else is going to make it!  With no clean up!

It was a great time.  Well, most of it.

LO decided that she didn't want to sleep in the Pack-N-Play.  So after her yelling/screaming/crying for a good long while, I gave it, put her in the bed I was going to sleep in with a bunch of pillows around her.  Heh.  That didn't work either.

So back in the PnP.  Um, no.  Cue violent coughing/gagging noises that made me fear for my life that she was going to get sick all over the place (fun times, BO never ever did that!).

Back in bed, this time I said fine, I'll go to bed too.  It was around 10pm. I tried singing to her.  I tried rubbing her back.  I tried playing with her hair.  I tried pretending I was asleep.  I tried turning my back to her.  I tried hiding under the sheets.

Nothing worked.

She kicked me in the back.  She kicked me in the head (how is that possible?!).  She sang twinkle twinkle little star.  She played with my hair and told me it was "pwitty."  She poked my eyes and said, "Mama wake up!"

At 12:12 I put her back in the dang PnP.

Done.  So. Very. Done.

She was out like a light at 12:15.  Sigh.  

It is a good thing she is cute.

Sisters <3
I know I say this all the time, but Big One could be her kid!
Good thing you are cute, kid.  Mama is tired.


2 comments: