November 23, 2012

Our family

I've been doing a Thankful post daily on Facebook for the entire month of November.  I did it last year too.  It is a good reminder for me that I do have a lot to be grateful for.  I think when times are tough, or when you little ones running around, it is easy to be frustrated at life over silly things.  Sometimes I just need a good dose of taking a step back and looking at the big picture.  I am very blessed.

I am grateful for many things.  The Hubster has a good job.  He works long and hard hours but it affords us the luxury of letting me stay at home and be with our girls.  We are all healthy.  I cannot explain to you the heartache that hits me when I hear of family or friends that are dealing with health crisis.  My family is all at home, under one roof.  I think this is the first year in a very long time that I do not have a family member serving over seas.  What a huge blessing to have them all here in the States.  But that is also a reminder that there is another family that doesn't get to be together this year.  We have a beautiful home, heat when it is cold, and plenty of food.  My children have more toys than they need.

I am really very grateful for the Hubster.  Things aren't always unicorns and rainbows, but he loves me.  Often times I make him want to bang his head against the wall, I know that, but he sticks around.  He chooses us daily.  He is a supportive husband.  He is a fabulous daddy.  Yesterday, the Hubster cleaned up behind me all day in the kitchen.  I cannot tell you what a gift that was!

So here are a couple of shots from our small Thanksgiving feast at home.  Just the four of us.

Awesome picture opportunity of my beautiful girls!

He loves me.
I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving yesterday with their loved ones.  I hope all of you Black Friday crazies stayed safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment