November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Prep

I have friends that have been prepping for their Thanksgiving feast for days.  It sort of amazes me.  My parents always cooked all day on Turkey Day.  So I guess that is just what I'm used to.

So my Thanksgiving prep?  I have my canned jellied cranberry sauce in the fridge (hey, don't judge).  I have my sparkling cider in the fridge.  And this year I decided to try my friend Kristen's brining recipe for the turkey.  It smelled amazing when it was on the stove.  I have high hopes for the outcome being delicious!

Your home instantly smells like the holidays!
Apple juice (or cider), salt, brown sugar, peppercorns, bay leaves, cloves, and an orange peel.  Throw it in a pot and bring it to a rolling boil.  Let it come to room temp before sticking Tom the Turkey in there, and then cover the rest of Tom with water and refrigerate.

I will be roasting Tom tomorrow.  I cannot wait!

Now I am off to do my last night before prep.  Onion dip.  Yum.


1 comment: