November 19, 2012

Good Samaritans and Acts of Kindness

So while I was getting my tree yesterday I was lucky enough to bump into several good Samaritans.

1.  As I was staring at the trees there were two couples that I was chatting with.  I was asking questions like: what's the difference with LED lights and the other ones?  Really is this worth the money?  etc...  One older woman was just so nice.  Reminded me of my Nana; just incredibly kind-hearted and warm.  The younger couple was chatting with me as well, it wasn't until I was walking away (empty handed) that I realized they had three very well-behaved children in their cart!

2.  As I was waiting in line and was having second thoughts about skipping the tree, one of the employees offered to help me grab another cart and the tree, and bring it to me in line!

3.  As I was leaving and pushing one cart and pulling the other, the same younger mom offered to push the cart with the tree for me.  Her hubby and kids had gone ahead of her so she had her hands free.  Boy did that make the trek to the car a bit easier!

4.  Once I got to the car and tried to pull out the giant box with my fake tree I realized just how dang heavy it really was!  And stuck in my cart.  A young mom with an infant on her hip came over to hold the cart so I could pull the tree out.  She obviously had her hands full, but was really super willing to help, and it was really sweet of her.

5.  And lastly, as I was still struggling to get that stupid box from the cart, a man came over on his way into the store to help me.  Finally, the tree was in the car.  Geesh.

I am well aware that this post makes me sound incredibly weak!  And probably pretty frazzled as well!  But these people went out of their way to be kind to me, and while I could have figured it all out on my own, it was nice that I didn't have to!  What a nice feeling to know that nice people are still out there.  Also, a great reminder that your small acts of kindness really do make a difference to others!




2 comments:

  1. Where were these people when I was 7 months pregnant, toddler in tow, trying to put a large plastic pool on the top of my Armada? No one. Not ONE person offered to help me. Including the store employees, who said that it was against policy. Maybe I need to move to the East Coast!

    ReplyDelete